Charis is offering K-10th grade for 2018-19 school year
Charis Classical Academy (CCA) has implemented a thorough admissions process not in an attempt to be exclusive but to be inclusive of families who strongly desire a classical, Christian education with an emphasis on character development and parental involvement.
The admissions process involves the following steps:
- Watch all of the Info Modules to receive an overview of the school. After watching the modules, you will be prompted to contact the school to schedule a tour (Tour dates.) You will have the opportunity to tour the school, discuss any questions you may have, and receive an admissions packet. You can also download an application from the website.
Read required books on Classical and Christian education and University-Model® schools, all of which may be obtained from CCA.
Character Driven College Preparation by Dr. John Turner, Jr.
(A small, 62- page book on UMS)
Classical and Christian Education by Gregg Strawbridge
(A 10-page booklet by Veritas Press)
- Prayerfully consider your family’s needs for education and whether those needs would best be met by Charis Classical Academy.
- Complete an application on charisclassical.classreach.com/apply. You will need two personal references and a spiritual reference as well as previous school information. Please note that the actual date when you formally apply for admission may be used to help determine course registration priority relative to other new students. Please send the application fee and notify references they may receive a call from CCA’s admissions team.
- Participate in a family interview to be scheduled after your application has been received and reviewed. This interview is for the purpose of discussing the compatibility of the family’s goals with the school’s methods and philosophy. We encourage parents to read the required reading prior to the scheduling of a family interview.
- Receive Acceptance Email along with registration instructions. Placement testing is usually required for students entering 1st grade and above (fee included in registration fee). Placement testing is not required for students entering kindergarten.
- Upon registration, you will receive a calendar, book list, uniform information, and family handbook. In the beginning of August, you will receive information from your classroom teacher.
- Attend Family Education Week (FEW), which will be held before the school year begins.
Application and Registration Deadlines
Core Student applications for fall semester accepted until July 1st, must register by July 15th and be able to attend Family Education Week; however late registration fees apply from May 16th-July 15th. If applying for spring semester, must apply by November 1st and register by December 1st.
For Open Courses, applications are accepted May 16th through July 15th. Charis Core students are given first priority for course availability. Next priority for open course only students will be given to siblings of Charis Core families, then in the order in which applications are received. If a section closes due to over enrollment, your tuition will be refunded and your child placed on a waiting list.