Join Jen & Katie as they talk about Morning Time: what is it, why is it important, and what does it have to do with the satellite classroom?
Podcast listens to learn more:
- Pam Barnhill (“Your Morning Basket”) and Cindy Rollins (then doing “The Mason Jar” and now co-hosting “The Literary Life Podcast) did a two-part crossover series this is a great overview – here is the first of the two podcasts (Your Morning Basket #43) and here is the second (The Mason Jar #50).
- Why stories and varied reading matter here on the first episode of “Stories are Soul Food”
- Why folktales matter here on “The Literary Life” with Angelina Stanford and Cindy Rollins
- Two great poetry podcasts – “The Well Read Poem” here (this is the one we are currently enjoying and learning from) as well as “The Daily Poem” here.
Websites for FREE resources that are tremendous!
- Ambleside online – as I shared, this website is mostly used a full curriculum for homeschool families following the Charlotte Mason philosophy so there is much to be discovered and used here. But, for the “riches” in morning time, the resources are free, superb and easy to access. Their general website is here; and info for art study, composer study, nature study, Shakespeare, Folksongs, etc can be easily found under the “By Subject” header on the top green banner. The feast is laid – ready and available here!