Charis is now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 school year
Charis Classical Academy is seeking committed families who desire a Christian, classical education to partner together in the pursuit of wisdom and virtue to the glory of God in Jesus Christ. Charis is an academically vigorous school with a strong emphasis on character development, and as a school using Collaborative Learning, requires a high degree of parental involvement.
Considering if Charis is right for your family?
- Watch our Info modules to receive an overview of the school.
- Join us for one of our scheduled school tours.
- Ask yourself these key questions.
- Watch all of the Info Modules to receive an overview of the school. After watching the modules, you will be prompted to contact the school to join one of our scheduled tours. After watching our information modules, our tours are the best way to get to know us. The content in the information modules provides the backbone of our tour discussion, so please watch all the videos before attending a tour. At the tour/informational meeting, You will have the opportunity to see the school classrooms, discuss any questions you may have, and receive an admissions packet. You can also complete an application on the website (see below).
- Read required books on Classical and Christian education and University-Model® schools, all of which may be obtained from CCA. *. Character Driven College Preparation by Dr. John Turner, Jr.
(A small, 62- page book on UMS) *. Classical and Christian Education by Gregg Strawbridge
(A 10-page booklet by Veritas Press)
- Prayerfully consider your family’s needs for education and whether those needs would best be met by Charis Classical Academy. Ask yourself these key questions.
- Complete an application on charisclassical.classreach.com/apply. Because of the uniqueness of our model, many of our students require remedial work. When remedial work is assigned, students are admitted provided that they complete this work. For this reason we highly encourage families with older students to apply by November 1st so that their children will have sufficient time to complete their remedial work. To apply you will need two personal references and a spiritual reference as well as previous school information. Please send the application fee and notify references that they may receive an email from CCA’s admissions team. Applications must be received by May 15th. Applications received after May 15th will not be considered for the 2022-2023 school year. Note: If you have applied before, please email firstname.lastname@example.org; you will not be able to directly access your previous application.
- Charis will process applications at four times this year: November 1st, January 17th, April 4th, and May 15th. Interviews and student testing (student testing is required for all students entering 1st grade and above) will take place two weeks after your application is processed (for example, the week of November 15th, the week of January 31st, etc.) The goal of the interview is to determine the compatibility of the family’s goals with the school’s methods and philosophy, as well as the student’s character and desire to enroll at Charis. Prospective students must be present at this interview. We encourage parents to read the required reading prior to the scheduling of a family interview. Within two weeks after your application is processed you will be notified of your application status (accepted, denied, or pending) or if we need any further information from you.
- After being accepted to Charis, you will receive an acceptance email with registration instructions. Registration secures your student’s place in class (provided there is room), and registrations will be processed in the order in which they are received. New family registration opens on February 7th. To enroll on February 7th you must apply before January 17th. Because many of our classes are near or above capacity, families that apply before January 17th are more likely to be admitted to Charis. Registration for all students, new and returning, must be completed by July 1st; registrations received after July 1st will not be considered for the 2022-2023 school year (special exceptions due to unforeseen circumstances may be granted).
- Please note that because of our intentional small class sizes (16:1 student: teacher ratio), it is not uncommon to have waitlists, especially for the younger grades. We encourage waitlisted families not to withdraw, because the list helps to make staffing decisions for the upcoming school year (such as hiring additional aides to expand the class size to 22:1, or adding additional sections for a class). If class size does not permit a waitlisted student to enroll, registration fees will be refunded at the start of the school semester. If a student was interviewed and tested during a previous school year, and was registered and placed on a waiting list, then he/she will need to be retested before acceptance the following year.
- A note on spring enrollment. November 1st is the application deadline for spring admissions. Families that apply for spring enrollment will be have their family interview and student testing scheduled during the week of November 15th. Students that need remedial work will not be admitted in the spring semester; their admission will be delayed until the following fall.
Application and Registration Deadlines
Core Student applications for fall semester will be accepted until May 15th, and registration must be completed by July 1st (special exceptions due to unforeseen circumstances may be granted). Co-teachers must plan to be able to attend Family Education Week.
For Open Courses, applications are accepted May 1st through May 15th. Charis Core students are given first priority for course availability. Next priority for open course only students will be given to siblings of Charis Core families, then in the order in which applications are received. If a section closes due to over enrollment, your tuition will be refunded and your child placed on a waiting list.
High School Application policy (9-12):
Due to the rigorous academic scoping of our curriculum, and collaborative structure, students may find it difficult to transfer into Charis during their high school years. All students are welcome to apply to Charis; however, high school applicants will need to receive special approval from the headmaster before acceptance.